At our most recent three-day BPC Bootcamp, Accenture's Anand Surange shared his expert advice on securing BPC systems in his session "Critical Lessons for Configuring and Managing Security in Your Planning and Consolidation System."
Anand covered a variety of security concerns, including special considerations and advanced security with BPC 10. Anand will also be presenting this session in the upcoming BPC Bootcamp events in Las Vegas, October 29-31 and in Amsterdam, December 3-5.
Here is a quick tip from that presentation, including step-by-step instructions for adding a user in BPC 10.
Security with BPC 10 - Special considerations
- BPC 10 for SAP NetWeaver handles users quite a bit differentl
- .NET server and the ability to import Windows and AD users via the .NET server is gone
- User Management is in the SAP NetWeaver layer – Using SU01
- Make sure profiles are generated for all roles
- If the user is to be allowed access via the Web interface, the user must have the /POA/BUI_FLEX_CLIENT and /POA/BUI_UM_USER roles
- Roles needed for specific environment sets and environment access will be managed by BPC
Adding a user to BPC 10